In this day and age of self-publishing, search engine optimisation (SEO) has become a hot topic for authors. Having a good SEO strategy in place can mean the difference between lots of sales or none.
So I'd like to let you know about a new SEO book which my husband, Chris Singleton, has written. It's a resource which may be of potential interest to authors.
The book is called Super Simple SEO: How to make Google LOVE your website and, as the title suggests, it explains in a friendly, jargon-free way the steps involved in getting a website to rank in Google's search results. Although it's aimed at a general audience, the principles definitely apply to author websites and content too.
In the book you'll find:
- easy-to-understand explanations of key SEO principles
- actionable tips that can provide real improvements to your site’s performance in Google
- cheat sheets which help simplify and speed up the process of optimizing a website.
The book covers:
- the golden rules of SEO
- how to perform keyword research
- how to create the quality content that Google's algorithm loves
- on-page SEO
- technical SEO
- how to get backlinks to your website
- local SEO
and a lot more.
Other SEO resources
Chris blogs regularly about SEO and you can read some of his other posts on the topic here:
I hope these resources help your search engine optimisation efforts!