I am an award-winning publicist with 17 years experience of delivering strategic campaigns that launch careers, build brands, drive sales and engage readers. I am based in London, but offer book PR for the whole of the UK, the Republic of Ireland, and in conjunction with a partner, Australia.
What you can expect from my campaigns
I excel at finding a story, getting people engaged and creating noise. I think creatively and strategically and am experienced at dealing with multiple stakeholders. I am organised, proactive and adaptable and have excellent contacts across print, online and broadcast media.
Whether securing reviews, features, interviews, arranging events or generating early buzz, I can put together a bespoke publicity campaign that will maximise the potential of any book.
The length of your book PR campaign can vary. Depending on your project, you might need:
- a full PR campaign, spanning 3-6 months.
- targeted work over an agreed timeframe, following up on pre-existing pitches or providing fresh ideas part way through a campaign;
- a day or two a month, over a prolonged period, to keep the campaign running.
I am very experienced at securing appearances at key events and my contacts in this area are second to none.
My authors are routinely invited to speak at high-profile festivals, in leading bookshops and in world-renowned institutions. They also contribute to well-known conferences and talks series.
- Hay, Cheltenham and Edinburgh festivals
- Waterstones and Foyles bookshops
- Institute of Directors
- School of Life
- How To Academy
- Google Talks
amongst many more.
Book PR consultancy
With almost two decades of experience in book PR I am also available to work in-house to generate ideas and formulate strategies to:
- break out debuts
- build brands
- re-imagine paperbacks or repeat authors.
In 2015 I was co-PR on the campaign for Harper Lee’s Go Set a Watchman, making it the most talked about book of the year, achieving news headlines and unprecedented coverage.
Throughout my career I have managed the PR for several crime brands such as James Ellroy, Harlan Coben, Kathy Reichs, Donna Leon and Don Winslow.
I have launched the careers of authors as diverse as Sandrone Dazieri (Kill the Father), Jenni Fagan (The Panopticon; The Sunlight Pilgrims), Gillian Flynn, Nick Harkaway (The Gone-Away World), Jonathan Lee, John Niven (Kill Your Friends), Sara Taylor (The Shore; The Lauras), and Paul Torday (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen).
I have worked with major literary names, from Alice Walker to Michel Houellebecq, Lauren Groff and Douglas Coupland.
Non-fiction projects I’ve worked on include:
- Business: New York Times bestselling business writer Charles Duhigg (The Power of Habit, Smarter Faster Better); Bernadette Jiwa (Hunch: Turn Your Everyday Insights into the Next Big Thing)
- History: Award-winning historian Thomas Harding (Hanns and Rudolf, The House by the Lake); Tony Judt; Andrea Wulf
- Smart thinking: Laurence Scott (shortlisted for the Samuel Johnson Prize for The Four Dimensional Human: Ways of Being in the Digital World)
- Politics and current affairs: Ed Balls (Speaking Out: Lessons in Life and Politics); Heather Brooke (The Silent State: Secrets, Surveillance and the Myth of British Democracy); Ian Dunt (Brexit: What the Hell Happens Now?)
- Memoirs: Ruth Fitzmaurice (I Found My Tribe)
- Popular culture: Dylan Jones; Chelsea Handler
- Commercial non-fiction: Ben Mezrich (author of The Accidental Billionaires and Bringing Down the House, which were made into major motion pictures The Social Network and 21 respectively)
- Event publishing: Belle de Jour (The Intimate Adventures Of A London Call Girl)
- Health & wellbeing: Dr Rangan Chatterjee (The Four Pillar Plan)
- Economics: Dharshini David (The Almighty Dollar)
- Illustrated: James Campbell (The Art of Winnie the Pooh)
Get in touch about your book PR project
If you're interested in commissioning me to work on a book PR campaign, please don't hesitate to contact me today.