Published in hardback by Simon & Schuster on 9 February 2017 at £12.99
- Introducing an exciting new author, Sandrone Dazieri, with a brilliant, original and compelling debut thriller.
- A bestseller throughout Europe
- First in a planned series featuring Colomba Caselli and Dante Torre
Two people, each shattered by their past, team to solve a series of killings and abductions...
‘The world is a curving wall of grey cement. The world has muffled sounds and echoes. The world is a circle two times the length of his out-stretched arms. The first thing the boy learned in that circular world were his new names. He has two. Son is the name he prefers. He has a right to it when he does the right things, when he obeys, when his thoughts are clear and quick. Otherwise, his name is Beast. When he’s called Beast, the boy is punished.’
When a woman is beheaded in a park outside Rome and her six-year-old son goes missing, the police unit assigned to the case sees an easy solution: they arrest the woman’s husband and await his confession. But the Chief of Rome’s Major Crimes unit doubts things are so simple. Secretly, he lures to the case two of Italy’s top analytical minds: Deputy Captain Colomba Caselli, a fierce, warrior-like detective still reeling from having survived a bloody catastrophe, and Dante Torre, a man who spent his childhood trapped inside a concrete silo. Fed through the gloved hand of a masked kidnapper who called himself “The Father,” Dante emerged from his ordeal with crippling claustrophobia but, also, with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and hyper-observant capacities.
All evidence suggests that the Father is back and active after being dormant for decades. Indeed, he has left tell-tale signs that signal he’s looking forward to a reunion with Dante. But when Columba and Dante begin following the ever-more-bizarre trail of clues, they grasp that what’s really going on is darker than they ever imagined.
SANDRONE DAZIERI is the bestselling author of more than fifty screenplays. Kill the Father, the first in a planned series featuring Colomba Caselli and Dante Torre, is his British debut.
Early Praise for Kill The Father
- 'Ingenious’ John Verdon
- 'A mind-bending, stunningly original page-turner’ - Jonathan Kellerman
- 'An intense, gripping, and entirely unforgettable story…A thriller of the highest order.’ - Christopher Reich
- '[A] dazzling U.S. debut.... Told in brutal, often wrenching detail, this is not an odyssey for the faint of heart.’ - Publishers Weekly
- 'A dark treat for mystery buffs.’ - Kirkus Reviews
- 'Don't be surprised if Kill the Father becomes the next Big Thing in international crime fiction.' - Booklist, starred review
For more information, please contact us.