A major new series for fans of Katie Fforde, Veronica Henry, Carole Matthews and Jill Mansell
A heart-warming and witty new series that combines a cosy Sussex setting, relationship drama and a cast of endearing characters.
The Homecoming (Havenbury 1) by Rosie Howard | Published in hardback by Allison & Busby on 15 February 2018 | £19.99
Maddy fled the idyllic market town of Havenbury Magna three years ago, the scene of a traumatic incident she revisits most clearly in her dreams. Even so, when she is called back to help at the Havenbury Arms when her godfather Patrick suffers a heart attack, she is unprepared for the welter of emotions her return provokes.
Psychologist and ex-army officer Ben is sure he can help Maddy to resolve her fears, until he finds himself falling for her, and struggling with a recently uncovered family secret of which Maddy is blissfully unaware.
Then Maddy's mother, Helen, arrives and Patrick himself must confront a few uncomfortable truths about his history and the pub’s future.
The Homecoming is page-turning escapism at its best, and the start of an exciting new series.
With a father in the forces and the diplomatic corps, Rosie Howard spent much of her childhood in UK boarding schools, joining her parents in exotic destinations during holidays. After obtaining a degree in music she pursued a career in public relations, campaigning, political lobbying and freelance journalism but realized her preference for making things up and switched to writing novels instead. She lives in a West Sussex village with her husband and two children in a cottage with roses around the door.
- Home / interiors – Rosie lives in a beautiful little cottage which she and her husband renovated themselves (photos available)
- Family - raising a teenage daughter, a son with special needs, caring for elderly parents
- Commenting on disability rights, equality for women, working women and access to childcare
- Rural pub closures and community solutions – beer ties, pubs being sold off for housing, which features in the novel
- Childhood spent in boarding schools – learning to be tough and resourceful
For more information about this book, please contact me.